Our residents, faculty and staff are involved in man activities outside of the office. We have a Wellness Committee run by our very own residents. The committee meets regularly to discuss topics related to work-life balance and to plan events to help promote this balance throughout the year. Here are some of the annually celebrated events:
- Intern Welcome Event: Each year the senior residents throw an intern welcome event for the incoming intern class during orientation
- Residency Retreat: In 2015, our residency had our first resident-only retreat. Residents spent two days cooking together, doing team-building challanges and bonding over indoor and outdoor games.
- End of Summer Barbeque: One of our faculty members hosts an annual BBQ to bring the entire residency and their families together to celebrate the end of summer and beginning of fall.
- Chicago Marathon: Residents and faculty volunteer as medical staff for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
- FamJam: Each spring, current and former residents get together to display their talents in a talent show to raise money for a good cause. Some of the talents include singing, dancing, playing instruments, game shows and so much more!